Western US Lands Wildfires
80 large fires have burned more than 1.5 million acres across 13 states
The devastating fires prompting the need for more than 21,000 firefighters and support personnel to respond to the blazes
CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE RELIEF APPEAL
80 LARGE WILDFIRES HAVE BURNED MORE THAN 1,000,000 ACRES ACROSS 13 STATES IMPACTED 3,061 PEOPLE EVACUATIONS AND 1,199 RESIDENCES ARE THREATENED. THE OREGON WILDFIRE RELIEF FUND WILL SUPPORT THE FIREFIGHTERS, EVACUATED & LOW INCOME FAMILIES & ANIMALS SUFFERING DUE TO WILDFIRES WITH EMERGENCY SUPPLIES LIKE FOOD, WATER & MEDICINE TO PEOPLE & WILDLIFE IN NEED.
Know How Your Donation Will Be Used
Our Steps towards Wildfire Emergency Crisis:
- Purchase and provide food, water and emergency medical supplies to evacuated people and rescued animals
- Manage and provide temporary relief and emergency supplies for evacuated families
- Build temporary shelter homes for evacuated families
- Provide support to front-line workers, like meal cards for firefighters
- Supporting medical supplies and meal cards to firefighters and wildlife rescuers on the front-line of the fire-affected areas.
- Purchasing commercial food preparation equipment for wildlife care groups to cater for evacuated families and rescued animals.
- Purchasing animals’ carer packs to be sent home with wildlife carers. These include bottles, milk formula and animal baskets/wraps.
- Allocating doctors and volunteer with purchased medical supplies for injured animals.
- Patrolling remote areas and burnt forest to sport and rescue injured animals
- Reach to the spot provided on support numbers by general public to rescue injured animals
Your Donations will be used to:
All donations to this fund will support wildfire relief and recovery efforts in California, majorly food, water, shelter and emergency medical supply to evacuated families and rescued animals. Your donation will go to vetted nonprofits providing food, water, and shelter to people and animals in need. People from marginalized communities have less access to support before and after wildfires, which means they also tend to bear the brunt of the long-term impact, including instability and homelessness. Local organizations there for the long haul also tend to be overlooked and underfunded. Initially, the fund helps first responders meet survivors’ immediate needs for food, fuel, clean water, medicine, and shelter. As needs emerge, we will support longer-term recovery efforts run by local, vetted organizations in the impacted area(s), particularly those working with low-income, historically underserved communities.
80 large fires have already destroyed nearly 1.5 million acres of US land, prompting the need for more than 21,000 firefighters and support personnel to respond to the blazes.
& Affected Animals
Warmer spring and summer temperatures, reduced snowpack, and earlier spring snowmelt create longer and more intense dry seasons that increase moisture stress on vegetation and make forests more susceptible to severe wildfire. California Wildfire Relief Fund will support our evacuated neighbors whose lives and livelihoods are affected by the current wildfires in California. All donations to this fund will support relief and recovery efforts for Californians affected by the wildfires. Initially, the fund will help first responders meet survivors’ immediate needs for food, fuel, clean water, medicine, and shelter. We monitor the impact on affected communities and work with partners on the ground to allocate funds to where they’re needed most.